Fall has descended upon us, which means that it is time to enjoy the celebrated flavor of pumpkin. No doubt, everywhere you go you'll see this favorite fall flavor gracing the likes of beverages, cookies, soups, and more. The savory sweet flavor of spiced pumpkin goodies paired with a warm beverage is the perfect complement to the cold, blustery days of autumn. We've discovered a tasty and simple Pumpkin Honey Bread recipe from our friends at Honey.com that will make creating your very own pumpkin treats a cinch. Check out the recipe below, and let us know how it turns out in the comments!
Honey Pumpkin Bread
Simple & satisfying fall pumpkin treat
Yields: 2 Loaves
- 1 cup - Anna’s Honey
- 1/2 cup - Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1 can (16oz) - Solid Pack Pumpkin
- 4 - Eggs
- 4 cups - Flour
- 4 teaspoons - Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons - Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons - Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 teaspoon - Ground Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, cream honey with butter until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.
3. In separate bowl, sift together remaining dry ingredients. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
4. Divide batter equally between two well-greased 9 x5 x 3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Let loaves cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert pans to remove loaves and allow to finish cooling on racks.
Recipe adapted from our friends at The National Honey Board, Honey.com.